Friday, November 3, 2017

Meme Saturation


In this day and age, I often find myself wondering when the next big meme is going to arise. For better or for worse, internet memes are constantly evolving, leading to some absurd results that can prove to be entertaining to myself and countless others. However, as our media becomes increasingly spreadable, I can’t help but notice that the rate of meme growth is seemingly at its highest. It feels like every other day a new meme will be introduced, whether it be about a cringy advertisement or the unfortunate demise of an innocent zoo animal. In a sense, there seems to be a limitless supply in terms of what can be poked fun at through the simple utilization of social media. This has ultimately, in my opinion, been what’s led to such a highly saturated supply of current memes that doesn't seem to be declining anytime soon. But, is that necessarily a bad thing though? After all, some people nowadays will never have enough memes to satisfy their hunger for entertainment.

By Carine06 from UK (Silverback) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

Pixabay under CC0 Creative Commons Going into this class, I would’ve never expected to have come out liking it as much as I do now. To...